Sunday, October 21, 2012


Karma-Logically Speaking

The dictionary defines Karma as:
(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
The informal definition is: destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

I find myself thinking almost daily, I wouldn’t want to bring that fate (or karma) on myself, so I really shouldn’t do a certain act.

For instance: I wouldn’t want to have someone talk behind my back, so I try not to speak poorly behind someone’s back.

Contrary: I WOULD  want someone to support my business, so I do my best to support my friend’s businesses.

This is karma in our day-to-day lives.

But I think that the original belief of karma was that if you killed someone in this lifetime, then in another lifetime, you would probably have to suffer that same fate. But, clearly you would have to believe in reincarnation to care about that sort of thing. So, we westernized the concept and kind of made it similar to what Jesus said: “What you sow, you reap!”

Either way, the concept is a great way to live you life. If you truly believe this kind of spirituality, your life does change for the better—if not with the negatives negating themselves, but more with the positive exponentially rewarding your life with more good.

I watched my life completely transform financially when I began to give without restraint, as if my resources were a well that would never run dry. I might add that I also listen very closely to what I’m supposed to give to in my heart. Most times it isn’t what you’d think. I don’t usually give to the beggar on the corner or tithe (give 10%) to church. I give a gift to church, but not usually 10%. Sorry, tithe teachers. I’ve done that, and it just doesn’t let me flow with the spirit!

My giving is usually to someone who appears in my life with a specific need that only I can fulfill. Or a financial calling that I get that I don’t expect, and it’s usually close to home—like a close friend or relative needing help.  

There was a time in my life when I had no real understanding of how to give. I gave from guilt. Everyone who needed something was a reason to give. And, yes, I have to admit that even church giving felt like guilt. I actually stopped giving to church until the guilt went away. I didn’t want to give one single cent out of guilt…

(To Read the rest of this Blog, please click on this link. I appreciate you helping me out with this new format. The objective is to get people to the actual blog site and hopefully get you signed up for blog emails, trackbacks, comments, and truly get you involved in life change. Of course, you don’t have to do that to just read the blog. But my hope is some of you will step forward and begin to take part. www.blog2grow4spirit.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment